Starting Fresh in the Moment
Starting fresh, starting over and starting from where you are all indicators that you’ve reached somewhat of a stalemate in your life. You decide that it’s time for a fresh start and in that thought process you decide that the fresh start will “start” soon. But why soon? Why not take advantage of the moment while the declaration is present? Is there ONE THING that you can do in that moment to begin the process of starting “fresh?”
Make a List & Check it Twice (later)
This notion of starting fresh. Where did it come from? Why did it suddenly (or not so suddenly appear)? What was the catalyst to this revelation? Most importantly what is the end goal and how will you get there? That’s where you start that list. You can check the list twice (later), but go ahead and get the ball rolling.
- Identify the end goal or some limited version of it if you are not 100% clear on it
- Picture the end goal as if it were a painting
- Imagine that you spotted the painting from afar in a museum
- Now imagine walking towards the painting (your goal)
- Now describe what that looks like
- Describe what that feels like
- Imagine being right there and what that feels like
You see starting fresh in the moment helps to expand the vision and make it come to life. By describing what you want and what it will take to get there generates an excitement that might otherwise be a little scary and uncomfortable if you don’t make it clear to yourself what “starting fresh” means to you.
I wish you well in our fresh start. Start it in the Moment.
“Everyday presents another opportunity to hit the reset button on your life.” Charita Cadenhead, Founder Renew Refresh Rest Your Life.