Renew Refresh Reset & Make Someone’s Day Today
Thus far Renew Refresh Reset Your Life has focused on self improvement. However, I am going to ask you to join me in a commitment that I made this year that focuses on others. At least once a week, it is my goal to perform a random act of kindness. I call it Renew Refresh Reset Someone Else’s Day. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. As a matter of fact, it’s the small gestures that seem to have the greatest impact.
Here is just a short list of things that you can do to brighten someone’s day:
- Facebook Birthdays: Go to the birthday girl’s/guy’s FB page and click on the “give a gift” button and you’ll land on a page that gives you some inexpensive yet thoughtful gift options such as iTunes card, Starbucks card, Fandango Movie gift card, Target, IHOP, etc. For as little as $5 or $10, you can give a thoughtful gift.
- While paying for your lunch, pay for the person’s lunch behind you
- Pickup a greeting card and send it to someone special
- Send flowers to someone
- Write a letter praising someone who delivered exceptional customer service
- Volunteer for a charitable organization or local event
- Give away something of yours to someone that has always admired the item
- Call an old friend and invite them out to lunch or dinner
- Feed someone else’s parking meter
- Pay someone a complement (Even if you don’t care much for that person. That will really freak them out)
- Call someone just to say “I Love you.”
You can find some other ideas for random acts of kindness, but remember it’s often the smallest things that bring the greatest amount of pleasure. Brighten someone’s day and perform an act of kindness. Oh and while the focus is on others, you’ll walk away with a sense of pride and warmth. Most of all, you’ll want to do it more often.
Renew Refresh Reset Someone’s day.