Vision Boards Help You See Your Future
If you’ve never heard of a vision board, in short, it’s a board that contains pictures of things that you would like to have or accomplish in the future. You could have a vision board in the form of list, but it would not be as effective since the word “vision” helps you to picture yourself “there” each time you look at or add to the board.
I have a goal board on my wall, but as I write this post, I’m thinking that today is the day that I begin to create my vision board. A vision board will have a “concrete” effect. In other words, it will make my desired outcome more real and attainable. I want to make sure that you’re clear that a vision board does not have to contain just material things. No, no, not at all. Let’s take a deeper look at how to create a vision board and examples of what it might contain.
How to Create a Vision Board
A vision board can be a poster board, display board, magnetic board or something similar for which you can pin or post pictures on it of things that you want in your future. You can get these pictures from the internet, magazines, newspapers, periodicals or the like. Below are some examples of what your vision board might contain.
- If you want to see a healthier you, then post pictures on the board of what you deem to be a picture of health for you.
- If you want to become more spiritually aware, then post pictures on the board that will aid in broadening your sense of spirituality.
- If your goal is career oriented (say climbing up the corporate ladder), then post a picture of a person in that position or a picture of something that reminds you of being where you want to go (perhaps a person gazing out over the city from their high-rise office window).
- Want that house on the hill or picture perfect condo? Put it on your vision board.
- Want a bigger bank account? Post some deposit tickets on the board, with pre-determined deposit amounts and pull a deposit slip off of the board every week, bi-weekly or monthly and actually make that deposit.
- Want to go back to school and get your college degree? Post a picture of a diploma on your vision board.
It’s your vision, your board can be filled with whatever you’d like to see in your future and are willing to diligently pursue. But here’s the deal. Really put some thought into what “YOU” want and not what a million other people want. Do some serious soul-searching and discover the CORE elements that you would like to see in your life and then make it happen.
Envision it. Post it. Be mindful of it. Achieve it.
“Every day presents another opportunity for you to hit the reset button on your life.” Charita Cadenhead